Thank you for your interest!
A local sales representative will reach out to you soon.
Do It Yourself Available Everywhere
For in-depth installation instructions click here
Do It Yourself Pricing Is Based On Linear Footage And Power Supplies. For Example, Excluding Shipping:
- A front of a home that has 150 linear feet is around $3,000 for self install
- A whole home that has 350 feet is around $7,000 for self install
Determine How Many Feet Of Product You Need
- We can look at your to-scale building plans
- You can measure the roof lines
- Role around the base of the house to get
- Determine the pitch of the roof or height of the center of each peak to determine the length of the slope on each peak
- Measure with a laser
- Measure your soffit tiles – they are typically in a fixed pattern on the home and all a consistent size. To do this, measure the width of 1 tile. Count the number of tiles and multiply
Identify The Placement Of The Controller
- The controller should be installed indoors if possible, preferably in the garage
- If it has to be installed outside, it will need to be inside a weatherproof box
- Should be installed near an outlet
- Should be installed in a place where it will be easy to run the first line from the controller to the soffit/first light
- Ideally will be installed where there is a good WiFi signal, WiFi range extender can be added if needed
Determine The Type Of Track Needed
- We will need a photo of each side of your home you want lights on
- A close up photo of your soffit/fascia
- A close up of any unique or drastically different roof line (ex, no soffit, very little soffit, or sloped soffit)
- We can send blank track (track without holes) if needed as well
Determine The Color Of Track
- Best to match the soffit or fascia color
- Take a look at the track colors we offer click here for the colors
Determine Where Wires/Jumps Will Be Needed
- Check where your attic access is because you can run jumps through the attic
- If the wires cannot be in the attic we can send blank track (track without holes) to cover the wires
- A transmitter or receiver may be needed if there are jumps between lights or from the controller to the first light that is over 15 feet long. Visit our ONLINE MANUAL for more info
- You will receive your order about 10 business days after purchase
- Costs about $1 per foot depending on location, bigger jobs can be slightly less per foot
To Place Your Order
- Call into one of our corporate offices with the footage, track color and type, and # of transmitters and receivers (they will give you their email so you can send in pictures and we will confirm you ordered everything you’ll need)
Frequently Asked Questions
JellyFish Lighting is a permanent color-changing LED lighting system for the exterior of homes. It is capable of everything from nightly accent lighting that mimics recessed can lighting to any color and pattern for your holidays and parties. Easily decorate for all occasions like Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Halloween, Birthday Parties, and more!
JellyFish Lighting typically costs ~$25-30 per foot installed plus $650 for the controller at our corporate locations. The price per foot is based on difficulty, location, and time of year. Authorized Dealer’s pricing is independent of corporate pricing.
If you’d like to know pricing for your home, please fill out the get a free estimate form and a local salesperson will reach out to schedule an estimate or look at a photo of where you’d like lights and let you know a rough cost over the phone.
Yes you can! The lights are individually addressable which allows you to choose which lights you want on and what color (over 16 million different colors). We also have 102 preset patterns.
Yes you can! The lights are individually addressable which allows you to choose which lights you want on and what color (anything from bright to soft white). For example, you can turn on two lights at the top of each peak while the rest of the lights stay off.
Yes, you can save multiple nightly & weekly timers as well as calendar events for holidays and other special occasions. We are linked with weather.com so you can link with sunset to sunrise.
JellyFish Lighting System is a robust, outdoor rated LED lighting system. LED lighting is known for its durability. The LEDs are rated for years and years of use.
We have a warranty of 1 year covering labor and 3 years covering parts.
The lights are RGB and can produce over 16 million different colors. The user can create custom programs and colors, so the possibilities are limitless.
Yes, with the JellyFish Lighting Cloud app.
Yes, we have zoning which allows the ability to only turn on certain sections of lights or to have different patterns on different parts of your home at the same time.
We have corporate locations in the greater areas of Salt Lake City, Denver, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Houston.
Yes, we can sell you materials for a self installation and provide you with directions on how to install.
With the P2 system, controller updates are sent to your email with instructions on how to update your firmware. App updates will happen through your device’s app store.
The controller and any additional power supplies are installed indoors, typically on a wall in your garage safe from the elements. They plug into an outlet. One controller can power up to 300 ft depending on the wiring. From there, we run low voltage wire from your garage to the soffit of the first section of roofing.
From time to time a light will go out and would need to be replaced.
Yes. They are low voltage so the homeowner can replace them themselves. We can also come out to do it.
Our crews average around 150 feet per day.
The lights are installed to the outer part of the soffit behind the fascia or trim facing downward.
Half down is due to schedule an installation date. The other half is due upon completion. We also offer financing.
Our controller is manufactured in our factory in Orem, Utah
Our metal is fabricated locally in Utah, Colorado, and Texas
We employ local USA citizens in all locations
In order to make our product more accessible, we manufacture our lights in Asia
The inventor of JellyFish Lighting has been working with his color-changing exterior lights since 2011, and under the JellyFish Lighting name since 2016.
The lights on full bright white use less than one watt of power. Also, the controller pulls about 1.1 amps of electricity per 100 feet.
Yes they are!
The lights are very bright, with 3 LEDs per bulb. They produce ~22 Lumens per bulb with a bulb every 9 inches. They’re bright enough to be the primary light source. You can dim them in the app if you’d like.